I Am Redeemed
Recently I was listening to "Redeemed" by Big Daddy Weaver (thank you, Charlie, for the link). The lead singer, Mike Weaver, sang about what we’ve been focusing on...spiritual warfare.
He spoke about chains and shackles, failures, the voice of shame and regret, feeling unworthy. He was re-minded that he is a Son and Child of God. The battle has already been won. God is not done with him. He has a new name.
He doesn’t say this, but he has put on the spiritual armor. He speaks into the darkness with:
"I’m not who I used to be. I am redeemed. (You set me free.) Thank you God. Redeemed."
This is what we’ve been discovering in Ephesians 6:10-20.
- Depend on God’s power.
- Watch out for the schemes of the devil, who is powerful and highly intelligent.
- The battle is not against humans, but against Satan and his demons.
- Let’s stand firm (resist, struggle against) together against the powers.
- Put on the full armor of God: truth righteousness, the preparation of the Gospel of peace, faith, salvation, the Word of God.
- Let’s pray together to prepare for the battle and in the midst of the battle. Pray that we depend on God. Pray that we are fully armed for the battle.
We are redeemed. Thank you God. Redeemed.